Names of the dead victims from the Precision-Air accident which occurred on Lake Victoria have been released.
The Captain, Buruani Lubaga, together with First Officer, Peter Odhiambo, is among the 19 people who died when the plane plunged into the waters shortly before landing at Bukoba Airport.
The two employees of Precision-Air were reportedly trapped in the cockpit, when the ATR 42-500 aircraft nose-dived into the lake due to tumult weather condition in Kagera region.
Names of other passengers who lost their lives in the fateful Sunday Morning air disaster are as follow
- 1. ATULINDE BITEYA
- 2. ANETH BITEYA
- 3. NEEMA FARAJA
- 4. HANIFA HAMZA
- 5. ANETH KAAYA
- 6. VICTOR LAUREAN
- 7. SAID MALAT LYANGANA
- 8. IMAN PAUL
- 9. FARAJI YUSUPH
- 10. LIN ZHANG
- 11. SAULI EPIMARK
- 12. ZACHARIA MLACHA
- 13. EUNICE NDIRANGU
- 14. MTANI NJEGERE
- 15. ZAITUNI SHILLAH
- 16. DR ALICE SIMWINGA
And these are the names of the accident survivors some are currently undergoing treatment at hospital
However, one of the accident survivors who wasn’t identified took off at high speed after being taken ashore.
- 1. RAGI SAMWEL INYOMA from Dar-es-salaam
- 2. RAUSATH HASSAN – From Bukoba
- 3. ANNA MAY MITABALO – From Karagwe
- 4. DR FELIX OTIENO – From Bunda
- 5. Doctor SHAMIRU ISMAIL – From Bukoba
- 6. PROTAS MUSSA – From NGARA
- 7. AMOS SKOTH – From MWANZA
- 8. GRACE RUGAMBWA – a Medical attendant from Bukoba
- 9. AMINA ABDALLAH KARWANDIRA – From Bukoba
- 10. REVINA THEONEST RUTINDA – A sugar processing engineer from Geita.
- 12. EMILI VICTOR MWESIGA – Child Daughter of Revina (above) of Kagera Sugar
- 14. JESCA JULIUS TITUS – Nurse by profession
- 15. ZANG LIN – A civil engineer From China
- 14. RICHARD KOMBA – Director of Kagera Tea Company Limited
- 15. EMMANUEL AMANI – From MWANZA
- 16. NIKSON JACKSON KAWICHE – Auditor from Dar-es-salaam
- 17. SALEH OMARY – Goldsmith from Kipawa, Karakata
- 18. EDWIN BITEGEKO – Banker with CRDB bank from Tabata, Dar-es-salaam
- 19. EVA DICKSON MCHARO – Works for the PCCB at Sengerema branch.
- 20. JOSEPHINE JOSEPH MWAKISAMBWA – From MBEYA but currently leaving in Dar-es-salaam
- 21. THEODORA STANSLAYS MPESHA – Accountant from Dar-es-salaam
- 22. JOSEPH LAURENCE MBAGO – Works at Bank of Tanzania in Dar-es-salaam.
Two members of the Precision-Air crew survived the crash and are also in hospital
- 1. BRENDA SELVULI TEMBA – AIR HOSTRESS PRECISION
- 2. LYDIA IBRAHIM RAMADHAN- AIR HOSTRESS PRECISION
The Lucky ones
Out of the 45 people aboard the ill-fated aircraft, 26 got rescued.
Previous story can be accessed here